Saturday, July 31, 2010

HEY KIDS, HERE'S A BOOK ON DELTA FORCE FOR YOU


I'm a gunnut, but I think I would carefully read this book first before deciding whether my kids can read it. Kids ask enough "why?" as it is without getting deep into geopolitcs!


By Dave Pugliese Sat, Jul 31 2010, David Pugliese’s Defence Watch

I’m all for teaching kids about history but the folks at the website Children Friendly Books, which highlights books suitable for children, have taken that idea to a new level.

Along with books such as “The Ants Go Marching” and “Tickle the Duck” is “Inside Delta Force” by Eric Haney, one of the original members of the counter-terrorism unit, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-D.” The book is of course about his time in 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1SFOD-D), more commonly known as Delta Force

I enjoyed the book; Haney packs it with lots of detail about operations and such. But I wonder how the kiddies react will when they get to the part when a Delta sniper team shots a terrorist in the head as Haney describes the “pink mist” that appeared when the bullet hit the man?


Anyway kids, you can go here for more details:

http://www.childrenfriendlybooks.com/2010/07/inside-delta-force/

No comments:

Post a Comment